Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Flop, Fail, Not edible!

Ok, I had another blog idea... which I will still write later. But this was a must post write now.

I like to think that I am more creative then Pinterest sometimes and see an idea, think, DUH - I can do that, and I don't pin it. Well... that is what happened tonight, and you see the title of this post.

I saw another pinner post a pin about making brownies in the waffle iron. I thought this was a brilliant idea and couldn't wait to try it! I got brownie mix and raspberry sorbet to make an awesome brownie sorbet sandwich and dug out the old waffle iron. (Sorry Mom, I think I only used it twice...)

Brownies are brownies, I have been making them from the box for a lot of years now, so why would I need a recipe? I am only using a different baking technique.....
As you can tell from this horrible iPhone photo things didn't go as planned! The batter was very thick, and the waffle iron was too hot! I cooked it for about 4 minutes and this is what I got - very crumbly, burnt chocolate tasting brownie pieces.

In attempt to save the brownies and enjoy some dessert tonight, I poured the rest of the batter in a pan and preheated the oven.  To which I found the pizza stone from a few nights before.... oops :)

After a quick google search, I found a few recipes and bloggers that had a similar experience and they tweaked the box recipe and added more oil, and omitted water. I will not give up concept, but I may wait until I have some more time on my hands.

3 comments:

R. Schreiter said...

I saw a show the other might where they were making macaroni and cheese waffles

LilMsSunshine18 said...

OK see I pinned this too because I thought it was a great idea!! Let me know if you figure out a good recipe for it that works!

abby said...

Jess - I am going to try again, I read some recipes and you have to add extra oil, and tweak the recipe a bit! I will let ya know!