Sunday, January 27, 2013

New Clothes!

Got ya! Y'all thought I went shopping! Nope... I decided to tackle some of hundred DIY pins from my pinterest board! I dug to the bottom of my drawers, err.. rubbermaids under my bed - and found some perfectly good clothes that just needed a makeover! Some of the new trends are super cute and seemed easy enough to do myself. I decided to make an exposed zipper on the back of a shirt.

I grabbed my friend, (some of her shirts too!) and we went to the fabric store. Walking into the fabric store makes my creativity and brain go crazy! I now have a million projects in my head, and already bit off more then I can chew!

So I found this blog with easy to follow directions. H is for Handmade


 Cute shirt about to get a re-do! Measure and pin the zipper. Leave a little extra at the top, because you will fold it over for a finished edge.
Sewing time! We did this fancy gold zipper 3-ish times, broke 2 needles, and finally got it! (We are amateurs) Oh yeah, we had a delay because the fire alarm went off! 
 Ta DAA! So after you finish sewing the zipper-  flip the shirt inside out, and cut the tshirt. Remember - you can only cut once, so doing it last after the zipper is sewn, straight, and perfect is the best way to go.

So this project was pretty easy - but the second one that I decided to tackle was/is a little harder.... So stay tuned for a final project. I am really excited about these zipper shirts! I can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can rock it!

No comments: