Friday, January 4, 2013

6 months of OWNcloset

Wow! Its been 6 months since I challenged myself not to go shopping for a year! It hasn't been a joy ride, but it has been easier than I expected.  In the first few weeks, it was exciting and sorta easy because everyone thought I was nuts and would never make it. So it was sorta like I wanted to prove them wrong.  As the fall went on, I got busy with work and broke out the fall clothes so I was looking at 'new' things in my closet... Yes ... I started to 'trick' myself that I had new clothes. I really wanted to go buy some new boots, and skinny jeans. So far I have rocked my old wardrobe, repeated things, and felt good along the way. I haven't been spotted by the fashion police (that I know of) and have noticed a difference in my bank account.

Post Christmas shopping and sales almost had me break down! I found these super cute shoes, at an AWESOME price, during the extra clearance sale and Dillard's .. and I really really really wanted them! I begged Marc to buy them for me (since that wouldn't be 'breaking' the rules) but he said NO! ( It may have been the sequins...) After I left the mall empty handed I started thinking ... Last year I would have bought a ton of stuff on clearance, just because it was a 'good' price .. not because I NEEDED it... so hopefully this year of not buying is teaching me better self control at the mall... Ha...

So back up, the main reason we were at the mall... Because I could buy new bras, panties, and socks! WOO HOOO!! I made it 6 months!! REWARD!!! Ahem .. more like replacement! After a mini shopping spree (with in the budget) I was super excited! I made sure when I brought these new things into my wardrobe that I threw out old things. Let's be real.... If I won't wear it this year .... I'll never wear it!
I'll be dreaming about these shoes for another 178 days. I am sure there will be many more pairs that I want, just need to have, can't pass up, beg Marc to buy, but I will be STRONG! I will make it to JULY 1st 2013!!



No comments: