Saturday, December 8, 2012

Rollin' Lasagna

Welp, Pinterest got the best of me AGAIN!

I have seen these cute lasagna roll ups since I first started pinning. And I thought, well those are a great idea for a house of two, portion control, and obviously they are less labor then the regular pan lasagna.

And I thought, well those are a great idea for a house of two, portion control, and obviously they are less labor then the regular pan lasagna.

Let's start at the beginning... here is the recipe, link, and pin that started it all. Cookingclassy
I reviewed the blog post, made a grocery list, and decided if I am going to make a mess of the kitchen, mine as well make a double batch and freeze them So I got an extra pound of ground turkey.

When I got home from a great Christmas shopping trip and the grocery store, I had a list of things to do:
- Lasagna Rolls
- Decorate the tree
-Wrap presents
- Laundry

I only got one thing done. Lasagna Rolls. The kitchen is still a mess, I have to find room in the freezer, and people to eat all of these lasagna rolls.

As I reviewed the recipe before starting, I realized that it only calls for 1/2 pound of ground beef. Hmm.. so a pound of beef and a pound of turkey ... I basically was quadrupling the recipe.... And I only bought the amount of cheese and tomatoes required for a single batch.  When will I realize that just because its on Pinterest doesn't mean its easy, quick, and should be done with out reading the directions?!?!  I set forward, and decided to just see what I ran out of first, and would come back from round two tomorrow.

33 Lasagna Rolls later... 33 Lasagna Rolls later... 32 I mean (What, I was hungry after 3 hours of cooking!) The kitchen is at least clean, but nothing else was checked off the To Do List!  Once I regroup from the chaos that was going on in the kitchen, I will share my version of the recipe and some do's and dont's along the way!

No comments: