Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Holiday ADD

The Holidays are approaching fast. And by fast, I mean very fast. I still have Halloween decorations out, and I am debating just skipping the Thanksgiving ones, and getting straight to Christmas.  I have a million to do lists. We are hosting family for Thanksgiving and attending football games. Both which take a lot of planning and prep time. Throw in a few Christmas Pinterest projects and things are getting crazy.

I have a fear that when it is time for turkey and stuffing, the tree will be up instead, and Santa will have arrived already. That's how fast my head is spinning.

Might I add ... if you haven't already started the 57 things you 'pinned' for Christmas, Holidays, and homemade gifts - you should just wait till next year. Save your sanity. And stay way from Pinterest because you are probably like me and don't have time for any more projects.

Trust me... your family has survived this long with out Pinterest. They will be OK with regular cinnamon rolls- they don't have to be the shape of a Christmas tree. French Toast doesn't have to taste like pumpkin. You don't have to win the award for most creative Elf on a Shelf. Your traditional Christmas photo is just fine. You don't need Picasso to paint your nails. One holiday outfit per kid is still acceptable. Walmart wrapping paper is fine considering small children are going to rip it apart and not appreciate your creative one letter brown paper packaging.

ps. i am not a bahumbug .. just realizing whatever you do for the holidays is perfect for your family.


pps. i made these before Pinterest ever existed. SO these may be found around my holiday igloo... aka cheese ball.  How cute are they :) 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heehee--no, children will definitely not appreciate the care you put into your custom-stamped kraft wrapping paper. :) Don't get me wrong as I like Pinterest, but I swear some of the projects that get repinned would make Martha Stewart grimace. No DIY can be possibly worth one's sanity at an already over-programmed time of year.